Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18, 2011

Today it only got up to about 50!! Wow what happened the 70s we had last week!! They say we are going to have a low of about 29 tonight, below freezing! With the temps being so cold I went out into the garden tonight and picked all veggies that were ready or almost ready so they wouldnt freeze. There wasnt much but my Swiss Chard is still going strong and so were some of my peppers and squash. The tomatoes were mostly green but I picked some to stick in the window to see if they would ripen any. I figure if they do it at the store then why not me too right?

I have noticed something with tomatoes that I will keep in mind for next year. Dont plant them to late in the year! I planted some in middle to late July and even though it sounded like a good idea they just didnt have the heat to ripen any of the tomatoes. I have lots of little cherry tomatoes that would have been great but the temps this fall just wasnt hot enough. So note to self, late June is the latest to plant tomatoes.

On another note, today was my weigh in at Weight Watchers. I lost 1.2 lbs which was good but I keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs. Its frustrating!! I know what I need to do but when I get a craving for bread I eat it, and I eat to much of it! Also I really need to cut out the soda of any kind. Bread and soda, bad bad things for me.

I ordered a couple herb books tonight from Amazon, I cant wait to get them. Also got a book on making lotions and bath salts and such. Oh and a good friend and sister of mine told me to get Hem Dragon's Blood incense so I checked it out and bought some. Can't wait to get that too! She got a witches brew candle from Yankee Candle, I have a couple bids on ebay for the 12.5oz candles. I hope I get them but I have a day to find out!

That's all for today. Going to bed early tonight and also hoping that it doesnt freeze like they say but if it does I will be taking pictures for sure!!

0 comments: