Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sleep patterns and the Full Moon

Its that time of month again, no not the dreaded female time, the Full Moon time! Last night was the Full Moon and she was hidden behind the clouds here where I live. When I left my house this morning a little after 6am I was finally able to see her and she was beautiful! Tonight I am also able to see her and once again I am in awe.

There are so many wonderful things that happen when there is a full moon. I can feel the energy rise up and wrap its arms around me, I feel love stronger, I feel more emotions, the world seems to come alive, so many wonderful things. One thing that the full moon brings that I don't like is the lack of sleep. I just can't sleep for a few days leading up to it, on the day of, and a few days after a full moon.

During the summer when I have my windows open and I feel a cool breeze on my face is when its at the worst. There is something about the full moon that draws me to it. It seems like I need to be awake and soak up the rays from the moon. I have always been drawn more to the moon then to the sun, most people need sunlight, I need moonlight.

Night time is when we all normally sleep, but right now I can't. I wish I could but something keeps me up on nights like this. I have tired lavender oil, teas, soothing music, even sleeping pills, nothing seems to help at this time of month. I can sleep during the day just fine, and I can even sleep in the early evening hours leading up to the moon rise, but as soon as the moon comes up, I am awake.

I was talking to my sister Jenn today on Twitter and she is also experiencing the same thing. Something that I have decided to do and I believe she will be doing it to is keeping a sleep journal. I will be keeping a journal on my sleep patterns for the next several months to find out if it truly is the moon that is causing me to lose sleep. I will also be writing down the weather, foods I eat, any stresses I might have, any herbal treatments I might try and anything else that I might think of.

I would love to hear if anyone else has the same problem I have in the lack of sleep. Any tips would be great too! I will be updating on here from time to time. Maybe in a few months I wont be having the same problems I am now, or at least maybe I can control them and get a couple more hours of sleep.

0 comments: