Sunday, March 25, 2012

The weekend




Before I get into what I did this weekend I first want to tell you about a guest blog I did. My dear friend and sister Kristen has been crazy busy with work and hasn't had much time to write a blog. She asked me if I would write one and I did. If you want to read that I will leave a link at the end of this blog.

Now on to my crazy busy weekend.

From now until the end of harvest season I will be very busy! Normally at this time of year I am just starting to think about starting seeds and wishing the snow would hurry and melt so I can get in the garden. This year the flowers are already blooming and I need to hurry up and get all my flower beds and garden cleaned out!.

Yesterday I raked leaves along side the house and in the fern bed. I also pulled all plants and raked out the garden on the side of the house. A person wouldn't think it was a lot to do and hard work but it was! I did it all by myself too!! A major plus because normally my brother helps.

Today my brother took the mower out and mowed the large garden and the side garden some where there were still some weeks. He also tilled the area in the garden where I am planting potatoes. I cleaned out part of the carport, got the tubs ready to plant strawberries, and cleaned out the flower bed where the lilies are.

It doesn't sound like much when I write it down but trust me it was a lot of work! My back and arms and even my legs feel it now!

My work isn't done either. This week I will be planting seeds, cleaning out the rest of the beds, cleaning the rest of the carport, and maybe plant some onions if the side garden gets tilled. Oh and I will be planting those strawberries finally!!! That is if it doesn't rain.

Also on a little side note, my first tulip of the year opened up! We normally don't see them open up for at least another month! My neighbor's birthday was today and she told me she never had a birthday where it wasn't cold and had snow on the ground! Guess its a crazy year.

I will be ready for a good nights sleep tonight that's for sure. Oh and the tulip that is pictured along with this is from my yard. I cant wait for the rest to bloom!!!

http://www.starkris137.com/3/post/2012/03/my-story-of-kris.html

0 comments: